Hello friends! It’s Miranda Fraraccio, your Reno Daily host. Here’s all the local news you need to know right now.
But first today’s weather:
Partly sunny. High: 43 Low: 22.
Business Owners and Marketers in Reno: Want to Raise Awareness? with local customers? I have a limited number of sponsorships available to introduce our readers to local businesses they need to know about. Click here to learn more.
Here are the top three stories in Reno today:
- Local faith leaders have planned a second year Candlelight vigil honoring the 100 Washoe County residents who were affected by homelessness and died in the past year. The vigil will take place on Wednesday, February 15 at 5:30 p.m. in the city center square. (This is Reno)
- Washoe County officials joined the staff at Swope Middle School reveal the school’s recently completed renovations. The county is currently working to expand and renovate schools to keep up with increasing demand from a growing population. Swope Middle School’s new renovations, which include additional classrooms and gymnasium and an updated HVAC system, will help accommodate hundreds of additional students. (KRNV)
- OSHA is currently investigating the death of one Reno Sparks Visitor Authority (RSCVA) Clerk at the Reno-Sparks Convention Center. The incident happened on Monday, and a statement from RSCVA officials gave no details of what happened. (KRNV)
From our sponsor:
Today’s Reno Patch Newsletter is partially provided by T-Mobile. T-Mobile has invested billions to shine a light on its best-ever network, bringing LTE to 99% of the people of America, helping to keep communities like ours informed and connected. We thank T-Mobile for their support and for making today’s Reno patch newsletter possible.
Today in and around Reno:
- Mosaic Open Studio At Copper Cat Studio, Sparks (11:00am)
- High Sierra Authors At the Barnes & Noble at Meadow Wood Court (7pm)
From my notebook:
- Do you want a puppy delivering a long-stemmed rose to someone special in your life? There is still time Sign up for Puppy Rose Delivery with SPCA from Northern Nevada! All funds from the event go to the organization to care for homeless pets. (SPCA of Northern Nevada via Facebook)
- Mark your calendar and join the Nevada Humane Society a champagne brunch, silent and live auction, vendors and a boutique fashion show at 2023 Bubbles & Friends event! Tickets go on sale February 1st for the event, which will be held at the Peppermill on April 8th. (Nevada Humane Society via Facebook)
- The Reno Little Theater is hosting a screening of The Village Postmaster this Saturday at 2:00 p.m. Pay-what-you-wish fundraiser is helping Thunder Bay Theater recover from fire. (Reno Little Theater via Facebook)
More from our sponsors – thanks for supporting local news!
Now you’re on the ball and ready to get this Wednesday off to a good start! See you tomorrow for another update.
— Miranda Fraraccio
About me: Miranda Fraraccio is a staff writer for content creation agency Lightning Media Partners. She is a graduate of the University of Rhode Island, where she earned degrees in Writing & Rhetoric and Communication Studies. In her free time, she can be found travelling, drinking tea or practicing film photography.